Once we've discussed what you want I will calculate a price for your meal, including all additional charges, and ask you to confirm it is acceptable.
I am not a restaurant! I can't publish prices for each dish as it depends on factors such as the number in your party, and the number of options you choose, as well as the cost of ingredients.
For 8 or more diners prices are from £40 per person. For fewer than 8 diners it is more expensive per person as my prep time is proportionately more. Example costs are here.
- please ensure the table is set before mealtime (I can advise what is required for the meal)
- please ensure the kitchen is reasonably tidy (not spotless!), the dishwasher has been emptied, and there is no washing up in the sink
- please ensure sufficient clear workspace is available for me to work
- please leave one shelf free in the fridge
- please ensure there is parking for one vehicle, with easy access to the kitchen
- please ensure pets can be kept out of the kitchen
- please ensure you have sufficient crockery and cutlery available (I will advise if I am bringing some of my own crockery)
Waiter/Waitress for Dining
For dinner parties of 6 or more, waiter/waitress service will be included in the price I quote you. I may need to bring a waitress for lower numbers, if the meal is complex.
Service levels are as follows:
|Chef Service||I will serve the meal, clear the table, load the dishwasher with crockery and cutlery. Kitchen equipment, utensils and surfaces will be left as they were before arrival. Service finishes once desserts are served and cleared. Up to 5 diners. ||Included in price|
|Waitress Service||The waiter/waitress will serve the meal, clear the table, and load the dishwasher. Your kitchen equipment, utensils and surfaces will be left as they were before arrival. Service finishes once desserts are served and cleared. Glasses are not cleared because you will still be drinking. We put the kettle on ready for you but we don't serve tea and coffee. ||Included for 6 or more diners, approx. £50, if requested as an extra |
Waiter/Waitress for Canapé Functions
I can usually supply waiters/waitresses for your party or function. However this depends on the distance I am travelling, and the length of time you require service (I have to take them home with me!!).
The usual cost for 2 hours canapé service is around £50 per waiter/waitress, depending on distance travelled (I pay their travelling time as well).
If I need to travel more than 15 miles one way to your home or cottage then I charge for the full distance travelled at 30p per mile . See example charges below. I am based in the village of Colne, near St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.
My maximum travelling distance for a single day trip is about 1 1/4 hours (50 miles) each way.
Sample travel charges, total for outward plus return journey:
|Cambridge (central)||no charge|
|St. Ives, Cambs||no charge|
There is no charge for travelling to Beechwood House, Fulbourne, or Fullers Hill Cottages, Great Gransden, as these are regular venues for me.
If parking charges are incurred they are also chargeable - I need to park very close to the kitchen of the venue.
Bookings & Payment
I will require a deposit to secure the date for any booking. This is usually £50, or £100 for functions over £500 in total. The deposit provides us both with a "contract", part covers my ingredient expenses, and goes a small way to cover my loss of earnings should you need to cancel.
Completion of payment is due on provision of services, i.e. on the day.
Payment can be made:
- in cash
- by cheque (payable to Frank Boddy)
- direct to my bank account (speak to me for details)
- the balance can be paid by card, on the day (but I can't take card payments over the phone)
For company payments please advise your payment terms before booking. As a small business I rely on a reasonable cash flow.